Believe. In the end, it's all we can do.

Thursday 25 August 2011

Eventing Season!

I'm so so excited, the season officially starts in one week from this Sunday! Starting with the Monmouth ODE (which i tragically can't attend as Georgie's not fit enough!) i can just tell this season is going to be especially amazing! However what i am most excited about, and a little nervous, is getting back into eventing again after a year off! I'm really putting everything into making little Georgie the superstar i know she is.
As you guys all know, she's straight OTT, very green and never evented before in her life so this season is going to be huge. I'm hoping to start her off with one grade 5 (for the people who don't event or aren't horsey or don't know the height of the grades, grade 5 is 50cm.) and then if she does well, and is quite confident and relaxed i'll move her up to grade 4 (65cm) in time for the next ODE. My plan is to hopefully do two of them, and then mover her onto grade 3 (85cm) in time to qualify for State Trials in March next year. This is my goal, however i'm keeping realistic and non-competitive too. If Georgie doesn't take to eventing like everyone thinks she will, then we'll take the season slow. This is her very first season and i'll have her forever so i don't need to rush anything.

On top of the above, i'm debating whether or not to do the Royal. We'd be entering the 65cm show jumping round, Novice Hack, Pony Club Hack, and a Rider Class. I know Georgie could do it all, however i don't know how she'd handle the noise, the crowds and the rides.

On top of that, she's actually not even in work at the moment! So starting tomorrow, look out Little Porge! Boot camp alert! I'll start with some lunging i think, because although i don't personally like lunging horses she is going to be a little bit spazzy, and i don't feel like injuring my shoulder again. And then i'll do lots of straight line work, transitions, and maintaing the same rythm. On Sunday i'll work on her canter transitions, which are a little messy at the moment, and maybe some cavaletti.

AND ON TOP OF ALL OF THAT, i'll keep a long story very short but basically Georgie is about to have the company of two very special 4 legged friends sharing her paddock, SLATE (who you all know, if not read below!) and Georgie's Mum! Not owned by me though, but by Francine who gave me Georgie in the first place! I'm very, very excited! So excited i honestly can't put it into words!
Georgie's mum is coming tomorrow, and Slate in a week.

So guys, i'm very very busy at the minute but lucky school holidays are only a week away!
Also, thank you to my 8 follows, especially the ones who regularly comment on my posts, i want to say that i'd really love to comment back to you all but unfortunately something is wrong with my Blogspot account and won't let me! Sorry! But thank you all very much for reading these, and if you had questions or something, email me on facebook!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck for the season!! I'm sure Georgie will do great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are your horse are doing well

    ReplyDelete