Believe. In the end, it's all we can do.

Friday 19 August 2011

One Slightly Insane Horse....

Well guys, i have to say that at the moment i have one very insane little horse!
Because of my shoulder injury and the fact that its been way to wet to ride, Georgie has literally had no work for about a month. She has become slightly feral and destructive...
Last weekend she got so destructive she thought she'd organise a break out at midnight on Saturday night. She went through the fence and took her boyfriend (My friend Sarah's horse, Monty) with her.

I cannot wait for next Saturday when i can bring Georgie back into work, and also have an indoor arena to ride in. I also cannot wait for thisventing season to start, two weeks now! Of course i can't do the first event on September 4th because obviously Georgie won't be fit enough, but ive it 6-8 weeks and we'll be out there!
I think when i bring her back into work i'll start by re-enforcing the basics like standing still while i mount and responding to my leg aids immediately.

Sorry this blog update is so short but with no riding and foul weather my 'Progress Reports' are very limited, unless you'd like to hear about trying to get a feral 5y/o to stand still long enough to fit new dressage saddle?

No comments:

Post a Comment